Saturday, November 05, 2011

road trips and side trips


After my grandma's burial, I had the chance to have an out-of-town trip. Just after I saw my grades, I was already looking forward to anything that would set me off the Metro. My mother's job requires a lot of traveling and I decided to tag along a business trip in La Union (Baguio was my side trip since it's two hours away).





If there's one thing I could remember about La Union, it would be the shit ton of tricycles all over the place. Traffics are caused by the tricycles, unbelievable. And, even though I haven't had seen La Union at its best, I don't think I want to go back. Spent the week at San Fernando and honestly, it's just like Cubao. I hate Cubao.
 

There is, however, a cafe that caught my attention. It's right behind the plaza, near the basilica.


 

Dealbreaker: they didn't serve any of those in the menu. I wasn't able to eat in the goddamn place, I took pictures anyway.


But Baguio, oh my god! I wish I stayed longer and lived there.


Checked-in Heritage Mansion. It's near Burnham  Park, a bit pricey but the place is really cozy and neat. There's this vault in the lobby where it says that it was found during World War II by Japanese Imperial Army,  apparently, it's a safe of the Muller family. They forced to open it in the hopes of finding treasure, but it only contained of several reels of 16mm films documenting the city prior to the war years.


Beside is a restaurant called Solibao, where I had a shit ton of banana pancakes.


The place reeks Christmas. They even have a really nice fireplace.


I strolled around Burnham and went up this chapel. I wasn't able to go to 50's Diner (a place everyone's talking about) because I have no idea where it is and because I didn't have much time. Sob sob sob.


 
 
 

I would probably go up there again, probably without my mother's help, probably with my boyfriend. I fell in love with Baguio as I stepped foot in it. I think the last time I went there was when I was six, when I hadn't known and appreciated beautiful places. I don't even remember enough of it and this was like the first time. 


Last day, I went to the market to buy Jayme strawberry jam, as he requested. 

I wish I get really rich and be able to afford a place in Baguio and spend Holidays and summers there. Everything is just beautiful and I never thought I would ever love a place. I am also happy that I brought my cam with me.

As I was on the trip, I thought of how much I depended on my mother's money for a lot of things: the trip itself, the hotel I stayed, the pocket money I had. I hated it. I really hate how they treat me like I'm seventeen and yet, I act like one. I should just stop asking for money and make some.

So, when I got back to Manila, I sent my résumé to this company. I hope I get in.


Mother's flying to Naga on the third week of November. I'm still deciding if I should go or stay here and paint the house.

2 comments:

  1. Bebe, I'm sorry about your grandmother. Late ko na nalaman. I am such a bad friend. Anyway, I'm glad you had a nice trip, yo. Miss you. Lettuce see each udder soon, homeslice.

    Peace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to now you had fun! Tin fell in love with Baguio too when we went there. Let's all go there! Take this double date thing up a notch LOL

    Good luck on your application!

    ReplyDelete