Monday, July 05, 2010

Doppleganger

 We've all been searching for the five doppelgangers, right? Well eventually, over time, we all become our own doppelgangers. These completely different people who just happen to look like us.

--How I Met Your Mother (season finale)
Changes.

I think that I've changed a lot over the summer (well uhmm.. I'm not so sure if it was just during summer). I like change, it has been my motivation since I-don't-know-when.


You see, I used to be too cynical to care whether I'd hurt someone with my decision. I don't know if it's another form of immaturity, but it annoys a lot of people. I annoy myself even. I used to come home drunk, smelling as if I acted as a party ashtray; smoke pot, and be proud of it--almost boasting, really; used to just sleep and eat at home; and *insert more things that spell asshole here*


I'd probably had enough douche baggery in my life and needed rest. I may have had a subconscious intervention. I'd probably accepted the fact that I cannot treat every guy as though they're all jerks. I might have outgrown that stage that privileged me to be a rebel. I might just have entered another stage of my life.


..okay, this scares me. What will happen next? Is it worse?

No comments:

Post a Comment